Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Changing Kadence's Shirt

Ok, so changing a shirt is not a big deal to most but I am so happy I pulled it off. Kadence has a shirt underneath her risser cast to help protect her skin. Unfortunately it gets really stinky and messy after a few months. We usually just try to hand wash parts of it and then blow them dry but the Dr who did her last cast told us that we could actually change the shirt if we were up for the challenge. Of course I was up for the challenge! If it means that my daughter doesn't stink then why not? He gave me an extra "stretchy shirt" and told me I could try.

Here's how tiny the shirt is.


To take the shirt off I had to lay her down, stand her up, twist her, shove her, and she was such a trooper! This is the shirt halfway off.


Here is a video of Kadence checking out her bare belly in the mirror. It cracks me up because she kept banging on her belly.....the things we take for granted....like being able to see our bare stomach. (The video is sideways because I don't know how to turn it.)




After looking in the mirror it was back to business getting her shirt back on. I had to flip her this way and that way, but luckily she was VERY cooperative. It kills me she is such a good kid.

TA-DA!! We did it!!

3 comments:

  1. What a tricky task. I love the video of her looking in the mirror. She is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that she was willing to let you do it, Asher would have freaked out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am proud of you both. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete