Monday, March 22, 2010

Resurrection Rolls

I usually don't post about these types of things, but for family home evening tonight we made resurrection rolls and the girls LOVED it. Here is what you need:


Large Marshmallows (Cut in half)
Melted Butter
Cinnamon/Sugar mix
Crescent rolls


You take Jesus (Marshmallow) and anoint his body in the butter and then dip it in the spices. (Cinnamon and sugar mix). You then wrap the body in the cloth. (Crescent rolls) You have to make sure there aren't any holes so that the marshmallow doesn't melt out. After it is wrapped I like to dip the top in butter and then into the sugar mix. You place Jesus into the tomb. (Oven) I had the girls get stuffed animal guards to watch the tomb for 3 days. (Ok, it was only 12 minutes) You take the cloth out of the tomb to find that Jesus is no longer inside, He has been resurrected. Kadence was SO shocked that the marshmallow she put in had disappeared.

Here is some video of Kadence telling you what she learned. And NO I didn't tell her Jesus was "cooking"

3 comments:

  1. We LOVE these at our house! I could eat them every day (at least!) I sure enjoy reading your blog, Leanne. You are such an amazing mom and I really look up to you! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!!!! I think I'll do this tomorrow for fam. home evening. I especially loved the video of Kadence and Shelby, they are so dang cute!!! Sure miss you, lets get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in LOVE with this idea! That is such a great way to teach this to little ones. I think I'll do it with Dave some time in the near future. I glad you posted it.

    ReplyDelete