Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Halloween At Disneyland!

I am so incredibly behind in blogging and I'm so afraid I'll never get around to blogging some big memories.  Back when we went to Arizona (Sept/Oct) we went to Disneyland.  I blogged some of it but was saving the Halloween part for it's own post.  The reason being, we have always wanted to go to Disneyland during Halloween so it was a huge deal to all of us.  The girls LOVE Halloween and they love Nightmare Before Christmas even more.  They were in heaven seeing all of the decorations and loved that the Haunted Mansion was decked out in Nightmare Before Christmas.  We paid extra to get tickets to the trick or treating and it was worth every penny!  Next time we will start our trip with the trick or treating day though because we did it on our last day which meant we had multiple long days that were full of walking.  About halfway through the night, Shelby was limping because her feet hurt so bad.  I felt horrible.  We took turns carrying her and we stopped to rest as much as we could but eventually it was too much for her.  

 I love this picture, they really are the best of friends!

 Ashley and Breanne were nice enough to share their Captain America masks











 I had to grab a picture of the Genie and it almost made me cry because Robin Williams had just passed recently.
 While Shelby was resting Jeff, Ashley and Breanne were nice enough to take Kadence to get Captain Hooks autograph.  They were there during a swap so she got Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook and Smee. She was SO excited and Shelby was so happy that she "didn't ruin it".


While they were getting autographs Shelby watched some fireworks then wanted to snuggle.  She fell asleep almost instantly despite the crazy noise. I loved it because I can't remember the last time I held her while she slept....although my arm started to burn!
 They were so excited to dump their bags and check their goodies.  A lot of the stations had peanut candy.  We asked a few if they had alternatives and they did, but it always caused a scene so once we knew Kadence had plenty of other items we just told her to deal with it.  (We traded her a ton as well) She knows it happens and is so good about it.  
 It was seriously the best day and we all had so much fun.  I'm glad we were able to make it happen because it was everything we hoped it would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment