Friday, August 6, 2010

5 years?!

David and I will be celebrating 5 years of marriage on the 20th of this month. Unfortunately David has to go to workshops all day on the 20th so we celebrated early. That is the great part about Davids job. We will always be able to celebrate our anniversary together...even if we have to do it 2 weeks early. We haven't stayed at a hotel overnight for an anniversary before. Frankly I never let David book one because I figure it's a waste of money. I feel that we can still enjoy the night together, kid free, at home and avoid wasting the money. This year he told me he wanted to plan the entire date and surprise me and that he wanted to be in a hotel. I didn't want to at first but because it was our 5 year and it seemed really important to him, I told him how much he could spend and let him make the plans. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am an over-planner. I like knowing every detail of what is going to happen and then I start planning for the things that could go wrong. It's horrible, but hey its me. It was so hard to let David plan the whole date and not know any of the details. He did an amazing job! I made him tell me all the plans on the day of the date so that I didn't have an anxiety attack and I was so excited! We were going to stay at Alaskan Inn, and he even thought of me and checked Citydeals.com to save some money. He got the Alaskan Room because based on the pictures it was the least busy of the rooms. I like my bedroom to be plain and simple or else I find it hard to sleep. It was really really nice, and I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures. He paid extra for some chocolate covered strawberries, and drove up my favorite treats and my favorite kind of caprisuns the night before so they were waiting on the bed and in the fridge. Now for the date: He wanted to take me to see The Other Guys because it has Will Ferrel in it and the very first movie we ever watched together (As a group of friends) was Old School with Will Ferrel. I thought that it was so sweet of him to think that far back and remember that was when he started falling for me. We were very disappointed when we realized that it didn't come out until the next day. So, we went to La Ferrovia to eat because of our favorite places to eat it's by far the most quiet atmosphere. It was of course delicious. Then we rushed my left overs home to the fridge and snuck in a meal to a neighbor who just had surgery. Then it was off to bowling. David likes watching me bowl because I have to walk up to the pins and stand in front of everyone and it makes me so nervous. I hate being in front of people. He loves that he gets to stare at me and I can't do anything about it! I had a lot of fun and since we went on a Thursday it was pretty empty. Then we headed over to watch Dinner for Schmucks. I absolutely loved it! It was a great comedy (my favorite) with a good message. I died laughing and highly recommend it if you like stupid comedies or Steve Correll. After the movie we realized David's brothers, Jeff and Curtis, actually were in the same theatre with us! They enjoyed it just as much as we did. We then had to run to Davids parents and put Kadence's brace on so she could go to bed. After that we were off to Alaskan Inn! When we woke up we had the most delicious breakfast I've had in a while and then packed up to head to the dam. David wanted to have a picnic in a spot we used to go to when we were in High School. (He thought of it all!) Unfortunately it is now fenced off so we just came home to decide what else we could do. I remembered that The Other Guys was now open, so we decided to go see it. It was pretty good. I preferred Dinner for Schmucks, but both were very funny! To end the date we went to Costa Vida. I couldn't have asked for a better date. David put so much thought into it and even though it didn't work out exactly as planned, the thought was there. I loved it and I love him so much! We have been through a lot together and I know there isn't anyone else who could put up with me during it all! Even though I may seem like a tough person that is only my exterior, he has to build me up and make me feel like we can get through anything....often. He is my rock, and my everything. I love you David!

After our fantastic date I was slapped in the face with reality. I had to call Primary Childrens and pre register Kadence for her MRI tomorrow. I hate the MRI's the most! It doesn't make much sense, but I do. They are the simple, low risk, fairly quick, and by far the most least invasive thing she has to go through but I absolutely hate them. They will be checking to see if she still shows signs of split cord, and if she still shows fluid in front of her vertebrae. If she has to have one we're hoping for the fluid....we're praying for nothing, but it's not our choice. The split cord would complicate things in a big way. Most people with split cord are severely physically handicapped which is what has the Dr's stumped. It showed up on her last MRI, but it just doesn't make any sense to them. She hasn't ever made much sense to Dr's, and I'm starting to realize that can be a good thing sometimes. We're hoping for the best, and I'll keep everyone posted.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like it was such a fun date! Sorry abnout Kadence, but it is a good thing that the MRI goes so quickly, good luck!

    ReplyDelete