Wednesday, November 7, 2012

First Tooth!

On Halloween when I wen I went to help in Kadence's class for her Halloween party I noticed Kadence kept putting her hands in her mouth.  I was quite annoyed because that's disgusting and the germaphobe in me cringes.  I kept asking her nicely to get her hands out of her mouth.  She then whispered to me "Mommy, I have a loose tooth!" I was so excited for her and asked her if she could wait to wiggle it until we were home because nobody else wanted her spit on everything. She actually listened which surprised me.  When we got home I looked at it and it was wiggly but not near coming out yet.  I explained she would have to REALLY wiggle it for a few days and then I would try to pull it out.  That night after trick or treating she came out and said "Daddy, will you just pull it out?"  We explained it might hurt and she said she didn't mind.  David had to really put some effort into getting that tooth out. You could hear the roots breaking free and before you knew it, Kadence had the biggest grin with blood coming from it.  She was beyond excited!  What was she most excited about?  Was it the tooth fairy? No, it was getting to put a sticker on the tooth chart at school.  Whenever a kid loses a tooth they get to put it on their tooth chart.  She was thrilled!  She called grandpa and told him all about it....
She then needed to call her Aunt Barb....
We weren't sure if she would sleep well because of all of her excitement, but she went right to sleep.  I tried to record her for David when she woke up.  I thought she wouldn't remember because she rarely remembers anything, but I was wrong.  She opened her eyes and shoved her hand under that pillow right away!  She kept trying to run to show her dad that the tooth fairy brought her $2. 
 
Needless to say, I had one VERY excited little girl.  The following day the aide in Kadence's class told me "If I have to hear about her tooth ONE more time...." So when she came back in from recess I had to remind her to tone it down a bit so it wasn't distracting anyones learning.  It was funny because I was there as they did calendar and asked if anyone had lost a tooth.  Her little hand was up before they even finished asking.  :)  Shes a tad bit excitable. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment