Sunday, October 28, 2012

Confessional

I CONFESS....I am so surprised that I have actually carried on this blog.  I am not great at keeping up to date and I post very sporadically BUT I have been going for a little more than 3 years now.  I haven't stopped blogging for more than a month at a time.  I now have 250 posts (251 if you count this one) and I enjoy looking back through them.  I blog as a way to keep our memories.  It's my form of scrapbooking.  I like to do it so that we can always remember the fun things....and not so fun things....we have done or been through as a family.  Of course like a scrapbook I tend to highlight some of the more upbeat and positive things.  I hope that others know that I am real, I don't sugar coat things and I am not pretending life is fabulous when it isn't.  I have my flaws which I try to highlight through these confessional posts.  I look forward to 3 years from now looking back on what they did now and giggling.  They are some awesome girls that make me laugh all the time!

I CONFESS....I am literally sitting on the couch with crumbs all over my chest and stomach as I write this.  I can't write or do homework without eating and I am quite the sloppy eater.  I generally leave the crumbs until I get up next and then brush them right onto the carpet.  Yes, I am a slob!

I CONFESS....I love when I tell my girls it is time to settle down for bed in my 'serious mommy' tone.  I love that they listen to that...usually.  But the thing I love more is when they settle down and I surprise attack them by rolling over the back of the couch onto them, or starting a tickle fight, etc.  It is at this time that their giggles are the absolute best!  If I could video one of these giggles I know that I would never be sad because I would just listen to it over and over.  There is no way you can avoid smiling, it is just contagious.  I love that as uptight as I can be at times, we can still have fun!

I CONFESS...I am already getting really excited for Christmas.  I usually don't get excited until about mid November but this year I just can't help it!  Trust me, we don't skip Thanksgiving.  It is one of the most important seasons to me now that I am a mother.  I want my kids to learn to be grateful. We are so blessed and I need them to grow up knowing we are blessed and they need to thank God everyday for that.  I was at a Primary Presidency meeting with the stake the other day and had a prayer explained like this "Always thank before we ask...that's why Thanksgiving is before Christmas."  It was perfect.  I love that as we go through November we take extra notice of all that we have.  It makes a good lesson as we start the holiday season and look for ways to help those who have less than we do.  It's always a family event to give to others and I hope a lesson that my girls will remember and teach to their children.  For now though....I am still SUPER excited for the Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment