Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

This Saturday we were going to head to Frightmares for the last time with our Lagoon passes but didn't go because on Friday night Kadence threw up.  She was totally fine but I HATE that people don't stay home or keep their kids home when they have been sick.  We quickly changed plans to something equally fun and decided it would be the day we painted/carved our pumpkins.  The girls were thrilled.  Shelby decided to paint a "rainbow with dots"  Here she is in the beginning..
 Kadence decided on a vampire but while we were letting part of it dry she painted a "black and white rainbow with dots" on the backside of hers.
 Here's the vampire before the blood.  She obsessed about adding the blood to the point it got really creepy and I had to ask her to calm down or I wouldn't let her paint blood at all.  :)
 David helped Shelby to paint her pumpkin.  Notice how he is holding the brush as well as she is? 
 Well this is what happened when she wanted a drink.  She would keep 'painting'....and grab a quick drink.  She wouldn't even pay any attention to what her hand was doing.  It made me laugh so hard.  Thats what I get for buying them special drinks for pumpkin carving night.
 These are the pumpkins we grew in our own garden.  I was pretty excited since we have only been able to grow 1 before.  We had 7 but I gave one to my nephew for him to take to school with him for an assignment.
 FINALLY....the blood!
 And the dots
 Finished pumpkins and two proud girls!  Here's the front...
 And the back...
 Then it was time for the girls to get a bath and some PJs and the adults started on theirs.  Here is Shelby watching Jeff.  She was obsessed with the 'flesh' of the pumpkin and she kept feeling it.  She's equally as weird as her sister.
 Jeffs finished product...
 David working on his nerdkin....
 I told ya it was nerdy!  Its supposed to be some sort of equation for light....and the light shines through it.  He was pretty proud.  I was impressed with how well it looked all lit up.....but embarrassed of his nerdiness.  Ha!
 I think I have decided I like painting pumpkins more than I enjoy carving.  I did Frankenstein this year.  I still need to add bolts to his neck, but you get the idea.
 Here are all the finished products!


1 comment:

  1. I love all the pumpkins~ what a great night. You my dear are a wonderful mom and someone I love to call my friend.

    ReplyDelete