Friday, October 19, 2012

Kadences 6th Birthday!

Kadence was SO excited to be turning 6! She talked about it since she turned 5 so it has been a long awaited day.  We started with our usual birthday breakfast of donuts. Also notice this balloon.  What a PAIN it was to get! Zurchers no longer will fill any balloon larger than 14" due to the helium shortage.  Well, all the mylar balloons they sell are bigger than that.  I had my eyes set on this balloon so I bought it and figured I'd take it to Maceys to fill.  I then got latex balloons that coordinated with her party so they could be used both days.  I got the hi float so that they would last for both parties. (that were less than 24 hours apart)  We were lucky and Maceys did fill the "6" balloon for us so I was very happy.  Wrong!  The balloons with the hi float stopped floating that day!  We had thrown away the receipt and so we were just simply out of luck.  She was fine with it, but mommy was super frustrated because Zurchers wasn't too nice when we were there either.
 Shelby had told me quite a while before Kadences birthday that she wanted to take her sister to the movies for her birthday surprise.  (cute!)  She made a card telling Kadence that we would be going to see Ice Age 4 in the drive in the following week.  She also gave her a new happy birthday shirt.  I love this picture.  Shelby was so proud of her present and Kadence loved it!
 Birthday girl!

Man I love them!
 We decided to give Kadence 6 presents for her 6th birthday.  She also celebrated with family on her birthday (The 6th of July) at 6 o'clock.  One of the presents was $6. We wanted to make it special since it was her golden year birthday. 
 She wanted cupcakes that had blue frosting that looked like waves.  When we picked out the cake mixes, she chose strawberry and chocolate.  Not my favorite with the blue, but what the birthday girl wants the birthday girl gets!
 Jeff always comes a little early to give the girls their presents.  You can tell by this picture that Kadence was thrilled to have a bow just like Merida!
 She ended up getting spoiled rotten by the entire family...thanks!!

 Make a wish!
 She struggled to get all 6 candles out, it was pretty funny.
 Some of the kids eating their cupcakes.

I didn't get any pictures of the adults because they don't appreciate me taking their picture.  It was a success and she felt super special which is what is most important.  I love this girl so much! She is such a caring girl.  In fact, I don't know anyone who is more compassionate than her.  She takes good care of her sister and is always super helpful for mommy. (Except when I need her to be of course)  She is super smart and loves to read.  She's spunky, energetic, and sassy and I love her to the moon and back! (Thats what she always tells me)

1 comment: