Sunday, October 28, 2012

Reflections and Funny Feet

This year is Kadences first year entering into the reflections contest at school.  This was a BIG deal in Davids family and they entered every year.  I entered once....won 3rd place and $7...and never entered again.  I know that doesn't make a lot of sense, but I haven't ever been known to make a lot of sense.  The theme this year was "Magic in the Moment." David decided to help her do a string painting.  He struggled in the beginning letting Kadence do it all the way she wanted but about 5 minutes in he was thrilled with her choices!  I on the other hand can't help them with projects because I struggle letting them do it.  He was thinking they would paint the canvas one solid color for the background.  Kadence wanted to paint it more than one color and wanted to do stripes.  She did that part all on her own minus putting the paint onto the plate.  Then dad showed her how to dip the string and set it on the canvas.  She loved it!  Here she is dipping...
 
 She is my kid who doesn't mind getting dirty!
 Here she is setting her string onto the canvas...
She helped us name her entry which will be titled "The Magic of a moment in imagination."  Here's the finished product and one happy girl!
 While daddy and Kadence did her art project, Shelby and I prepared her shoes for "Funny Feet" day at preschool tomorrow.  (They are learning about the letter "F")  I found some old shoes that we use for hiking/camping and glued googly eyes all over.  Then we added ribbon that had been curled for bows to the eyelets.  She helped by handing me all the googly eyes.  She calls the curled ribbon springs and thinks her shoes look like monster shoes.  She makes me laugh.  I'm happy she won't just be in her old dingy slippers but will be excited to show off her new silly shoes!
 The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment