Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday Confessional

I CONFESS....It really drives me crazy when you put a movie on and there is a black perimeter all the way around the show.  I get that there is a difference between wide screen and full screen when the tv is a rectangle vs the old square tvs, but COME ON!  I mean it could at least maximize what room it has.  Right now we are watching Madagascar 3 and there is a 2 inch section on the top and bottom and about 4 inches on both sides.  Why do I have a bigger tv if the movie is still small?  Just annoying if you ask me. 

I CONFESS....I finally don't mind when David leaves all day or overnight one night.  I used to stress completely and the kids would be extra naughty the whole time he was gone.  I knew there would come a time when we enjoyed ourselves when he was gone and its finally here!  David is off hiking Ben Lomond Peak today and the girls and I are just enjoying our day.  We started with orange pancakes, the girls made their own lunches (they love cooking), and now we are watching Madagascar 3 while eating treats.  They get excited when I tell them we are having a 'girls day' or 'girls night' now and that thrills me.  I know that it will get more expensive as they get older and 'girls nights' include shopping.  :) For now simple is working.  I can't wait until David goes on weekend fishing trips and the girls and I go eat and shop.  That will have to wait a few years though because we don't have the funds quite yet. 

I CONFESS....Sometimes life seems so discouraging and things seem to be going wrong left and right.  I always try to have a positive attitude, but occasionally I get upset.  Then I see my girls and realize just how blessed I am.  I have 2 beautiful girls in my life who drive me crazy all day long and offer comical relief.  I also have a husband who is better than any other husband I know.  He is so helpful and tries hard to accomplish things 'my way' so that I don't stress.  He drives me equally crazy, but I'm sure my obsessiveness drives him up the wall too so we're even. 

I CONFESS....I really like the bag of Childs Play candy.  I don't know what it is, but I LOVE it!  I love the big fat tootsie rolls, the long tootsie rolls, the tootsie pops, the dots and all the flavor tootsie rolls.  You just can't go wrong with it.  I craved it for quite some time and yesterday we finally found a bag on sale so we bought it.  The first tootsie roll I ate was probably the most delicious thing I have had in quite some time.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment