Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Things That Must Go

Leg hair must go.  As we are approaching the time of year when I will be wearing shorts or capris or MAYBE even a swimming suit from time to time, I am reminded of the pain of shaving my legs.  I don't mean it literally, but it is a giant pain to have to keep your legs smooth.  Don't get me wrong, I shave in the Fall and Winter, just not as frequently.  It drives me nuts that showers now last twice as long.  I hate the effort that goes into shaving.  Luckily, David loves me regardless so I am not forced to do it.......but the embarrassment of hairy legs during an impromptu swimming trip forces me to.

This school year must go.  I am getting very impatient.  I want summer to be here so bad.  This will be the first summer in a few years that we actually have time to spend together.  David usually teaches summer school and he isn't this year so we get to play more often.  He is taking two classes from Utah State, but that only ties him up on Monday and Wednesday nights and only from mid June to August.  We will get some great fishing, camping and hiking done.  We'll go on many picnics, walks and trips to the park.  Before any of this can happen though......the school year HAS to go!

Catchy songs that are terrible songs must go.  You know the ones I'm talking about.  The ones you can't get out of your head, but you are slightly embarrassed that you even have it in your head.  I'm talking songs like Fergalicious.  It has a catchy beat which just gets it stuck in your head for hours.  These musicians know what they are doing! They don't have to make a great song as long as they can make a great tune.  Oh how I hate it, yet I embrace it at the same time.  I am sure my neighbors have heard me singing (very loudly and terribly) songs that are stuck in my head.  Lately it has been songs from Backyardigans or the them song to a cartoon.   I just sing it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment