Friday, December 17, 2010

Neighbor Gift Idea

Ok, a few days ago I baked cookies....waited for them to cool so I could frost them....put some sprinkles on...and then realized it was 8:30 which was too late to deliver treats to the neighbors. So the cookies sat on the counter and went to waste until today when I threw them out. I don't have much time since I work almost every night until Christmas so I was so excited when my friend posted some amazing ideas for gifts on her blog. (Thanks Kym!) I figured I would tell people who might not live in my neighborhood an idea they could use.

The first is really simple. I went to the dollar store and bought tons of wrapping paper and scotch tape. (Yes, they sell the actual Scotch tape brand) You tie it together and put a note on it that reads, "Since November you've been shopping, barely sleeping, hardly stopping. Now it's late and you're in a scrape, out of paper, out of tape. Hope this wrap has saved the day, have a Happy Holiday!" I added a cup of hard candy that I made to go along with it.


The hardest part was keeping Shelby away from it all. :)
I had one neighbor who I know is done with all of her wrapping. I didn't want to give her wrapping paper that would just go to waste so I bought some Madagascar Christmas paper plates and coupled it with napkins, forks, spoons and snowman cups. I also put hard candy in one of the cups. I put a note with it that read, "A bit of 'disposable' Christmas cheer! What could be better? No dishes, my dear!" (I think all us moms know what a blessing it is to have a dinner mess free.)

Hope these ideas helped out a few others who are scrambling to find the time to do neighbor gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment