Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Joys of Being a Mommy

Ok, so this blog was created to take you on not just the "ups" but also the "downs" of being a mommy and the joy in the journey along the way. So here is another honest post.

David and I haven't been the best at attending all of our meetings at church. Since I injured my knee we basically didn't attend church at all. We managed to make it to church the Sunday before conference, but missed the first class. (Better late than never I guess) We discussed it on Saturday evening and there was no reason we couldn't make it to church by 9:00 am if I could get the girls up and ready to get Kadence to school by 8:40. SO, we had a great game plan that sounded pretty easy to accomplish. WRONG! We woke up, got the girls up and it seems like everything started going wrong after that. It was cold and I hadn't thought about that yet so all we had were summer dresses. I finally found some skirts I could make work if I just added tights. Well one the skirt was too short on Kadence but at this point we didn't have enough time to change her. Then the tights were too small, but again we had to go with what we had. So Kadence had the tights seam hanging midway to her knees which also happened to mean it was hanging out her skirt. Luckily I had some church shoes that I had bought a while back that fit them. (That was nice!) David started getting a bag ready for church, but it was the wrong bag....according to me. :) It was time to leave and I was still in my underwear and the girls hair was less than fantastic. I sent David and the girls on their way and stayed home to get dressed. UGH! There went our plan to attend all our meetings. I finally got to church and by this time I had a big headache so I wasn't even able to listen too well to the lesson. Then we went to get our girls from class and the constant "Kadence keep your legs closed" began. It was almost impossible to keep her legs closed and that's even with tights that were too small. My poor girls probably looked like orphans. At the end of sacrament we noticed Kadence felt a little warm but we figured it was because she is warm and clammy by nature. My goodness! If this isn't "One of those days" as a mom I don't know what is! When we got home Kadence's cough started to sound pretty bad and she got a fever. My kids don't get fevers too often so I knew she was sick. I took her to the Dr the next day and we found out she had walking pneumonia. Needless to say we are still going to try to make it to ALL of our meetings and I will try to be better prepared this Sunday. I don't know why getting kids ready on Sunday is more difficult than any other day, but it just is!

No comments:

Post a Comment