Thursday, October 27, 2011

Red Ribbon Week

So this week is red ribbon week in Ogden School District. (And everywhere else I'm pretty sure) Kadence's school wears red bracelets instead of actual ribbons. They are waterproof and kind of like a hospital bracelet. When I picked her up from school she was tugging at it like it was bugging her. Then this is the conversation we had:


Me: Kadence you need to leave that on for 5 days and then we'll cut it off.


Kadence: NO, I can't cut it off until I'm a mom


Me: You only have to wear it for a week, we'll cut it off before Halloween.


Kadence: No mom, Mrs. Joy told me that only moms and dads can cut it off so I have to wait until I'm a mom.


I just about died laughing, she just doesn't catch on to things too quickly sometimes. I told her that I could cut it off of her at the end of the week. I figured that would be a funny enough thing to remember, but then the day just got better. Barb (Mrs Joy) came up to me and told me that she was teaching them that they shouldn't drink or do drugs but that when they are older they can make whatever decision they choose. (Ya have to be sensitive to kids who may have parents that do) Then Kadence said, "I will tell my sister Shelby that we can NOT drink any more of Grandpas beer!" Well Barb happens to be this particular Grandpas sister and she knew darn well that Kadence was confused. THANK heavens because had it been anyone else they may have been seriously concerned. (For good reason) So not only did Kadence think she needed to be a mom before she could cut off her bracelet, but now she thinks the bracelet is to remind her not to drink Grandpas non existent beer.


The whole way home she would NOT let it go. She talked about it the whole 10 minute drive home. She told me how she can't drink grandpas beer, Shelby shouldn't either, and that when grandpa asks she will tell him NO! She also told me that some of her friends drink beer and it makes her sad. (WHAT?!) I didn't correct her because I wanted her to tell David. Then it was too funny not to catch on video so I got out the camera. ENJOY!




So right after this we explained that grandpa doesn't have beer. He drinks Pepsi which is kind of like Coke. We also told her that she could drink root beer. We think that is really what she is talking about so we figured we'd clear that up as well. Even though we keep telling her that she can drink what Grandpa gives her and that Grandpa doesn't drink beer she STILL 4 days later talks about not drinking grandpas beer. This will be something I will never forget. What a silly girl!

1 comment:

  1. She cracks me up! I can't wait until Carter can tell me stories!

    ReplyDelete