Tuesday, March 20, 2012

We'll Miss you Grandpa Joy!

This morning we lost one of the best guys I know. I didn't think I would have such a hard time because we knew it was coming and I kept thinking it would be easier because it wasn't "MY" grandpa. Well, I was wrong. I did consider him to be MY grandpa all the same. I found a few poems that I was going to be putting on Facebook, but I didn't want to overload with the status updates. I can put all the poems on here that I want. :)
The Day God Called You Home
Anonymous
God looked around His garden,
And He found an empty place.
He then looked down upon this Earth,
And saw your tired face.
He put His arms around you,
And lifted you to rest.
God's garden must be beautiful,
He always takes the best.
He knew you were suffering.
He knew you were in pain.
he knew that you would never,
Get well on Earth again.
He saw that the road was getting rough,
And the hills were hard to climb,
So He closed your weary eyelids
And whispered, "Peace be Thine."
It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you didn't go alone.
For part of us went with you,
The day God called you home.
The Party Had Begun
Anonymous
I'm sorry for the emptiness you feel in your heart today,
but it's hard for the inner child when her dad must go away.
Although she's safe in Jesus care, it's the little girl inside
who still cries a lonely tear and asks Jesus why he died.
Our Father loves you so much, but the party had begun.
Without the guest of honor there, it wouldn't be any fun.
God sent him here to raise his kids and to touch so many hearts.
Then He let you keep his memory near so you'd never be apart.
In time God will unite you and although he had to go,
I'll bet he saves a piece of cake if he's like the dad's I know.
Memories Live Forever
Anonymous
It's hard to say good-bye to someone that you love,
although you now the're safe
with Jesus up above.
It doesn't make a difference if they're in their later years.
It only means more memories
to carry through the tears.
Don't let your selves forget, we each have numbered days.
For reasons that we do not know
God wanted it this way.
Tears wash away the pain, but it can't remove the love.
The memories live forever safe
in God's hands above.
I sure do love Grandpa Joy and will miss him dearly. Family functions won't be the same without him, but I'm sure we'll continue to share memories and laugh as though he was with us.
On a side note: This morning as I was telling Kadence that she would have a substitute because Grandpa Joy died (which meant Barb wouldn't go since it is her dad) she looked up at me with the most devastated face and two single tears fell down her cheeks. It was so heartbreaking. But he was honestly loved by all who knew him.

No comments:

Post a Comment