Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dr Seuss Day!

Last year we started celebrating Dr Seuss Day...or his Birthday...or Read Across America Day. It was a lot of fun to do a few silly things so I knew I wanted to make it a tradition. The night before Jeff came over and we helped him cut yarn for truffula trees that his 4th grade class would make. We made a few for the girls as well and they LOVED them. Shelby even had to take it to school for show and tell.
I also saw a cute treat that was super easy. You just melt some white chocolate and stick M&M's in them for the yolk. the girls really enjoyed this.
I buy the girls a Dr Seuss shirt for school. I didn't get a picture of Shelby but she had a Lorax one.We made green eggs and 'ham hash' which is something we make sometimes but not with green eggs. I actually have a hard time eating food that isn't the right color, but I managed to stay strong in front of the girls.I also made 1 fish 2 fish red fish blue fish jello cups. I have to admit that the fish were soggy because I put them in a few hours before we ate them. I wouldn't recommend putting the fish in until you are ready to eat them.We ended the night by going to see the movie The Lorax. The girls, David and I have been dying to go see it and we tried to keep it a surprise. We told the girls that it would be a while before we could see it so that they would be surprised. They were so happy and loved the movie too. Kadence kept saying "I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees." It made me laugh. We ended the night with a Dr Seuss bedtime story. I think I will do something every year even if it's just letting them go buy a new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment