Thursday, August 23, 2012

Brigham City Temple

David and I love taking the girls to the temple open houses.  It gives the girls the opportunity to go inside the temples and see the beauty on the inside not just look at the outside.  The girls were so excited, but nobody more than Shelby.  I invited her fiance, Davisson, and his mom, dad and grandma to join us.  Shelby constantly talks about how she is going to marry Davisson in the temple.  (It varies from Hawaii and Las Vegas)  She thought that when we were going to the temple, they were going to get married.  It was cute!  Then I had to tell her that we were just looking at the temple and she couldn't get married until she graduates high school.  She was fine with it and still very excited to see him "In his handsome clothes."  Here is Kadence riding the bus to the temple
 
And Shelby on the bus
 After we were done I really wanted cute pictures of the kids in front of the temple, but David had to hurry off to Back to School night so we had to just grab some quick by the refreshments.
 I really loved this picture of the temple.  Its a lot of little squares of different things that make up the temple.
 I seriously can't get enough of these girls!

The girls really enjoyed themselves.  In fact, after watching the introduction movie that the church does to explain temples Kadence said "I had a good time mom!"  She thought that was it!  I got a little emotional while we were walking through because Shelby asked why there are so many tissues.  I explained that people cry a lot in the temple because they feel so good.  Kadence then said "Mommy I can't wait to go to heaven again."  The girls talk about it all the time and it could just be something kids say but I hate hearing it.  They both talk about Kadence dying and it kind of freaks me out.  Shelby even said last week "Kadence when you die I'm going to bring you pretty flowers!"  I guess its just a reminder to love them each day like its their last.....but hopefully they outlive me!

No comments:

Post a Comment