Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas Eve

As usual we went to the Joy Christmas Eve party and it was a lot of fun.  My girls didn't play much with the other kids, rather they just sat and talked to us and a few other adults.  They ate great which granted them the option of dessert.  Shelby asked if she could have an Oreo and came back with a pyramid tower of Oreos on her plate.  We exchanged gifts with the younger cousins and my girls were thrilled! They still wanted to sit by us as the adults started the white elephant exchange so Shelby was on "my team." When it came time to pick the present, Shelby went and carefully selected the perfect gift.  As she started to open it, I could see what it was.  I have seen the different "cell" stuffed animals that many health professionals use as gag gifts so I knew right away what it was and instructed her to yell it loud so that everybody could hear.  Seconds later, my five year old is yelling "I have Herpes!!" over and over.  We all had a great laugh, but didn't expect her to be so happy with her new prize.  When it came time for someone to steal I had to assure Shelby that she "could ask for Herpes for her upcoming birthday" to keep her from being upset.  As her replacement present she was given help picking a present so she could get....mono.  Yes, she got herpes and mono from a family party.  She was given the choice to keep mono or trade for herpes to which she then traded her herpes back and gave mono to the person who stole it.  Well, that particular cousin has a huge heart and wanted both girls to be happy with a new stuffed animal so she gave mono to Kadence.  My girls left the party with Herpes and Mono snuggled up against their faces for the drive home.


 We arrived home to presents in the tree as usual...


 And as usual, the presents were new PJ's!
The girls went to sleep SO well and they were so excited to know Santa was on his way.  We had been tracking him on my phone throughout the day and it had updated to "he's getting close so you better get to bed".  David and I had fun putting out their presents and were a little sad to know that it might very well be the last year that both girls believe in Santa.  They both asked A LOT of questions this year and I don't think we'll make it through next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment