Monday, January 6, 2014

Locks of Love

It was time to get the girls hair cut! It was getting out of control and not only did I think it was time, but they did too.  I then realized that they were close to being able to donate to Locks of Love.  I knew that I would hate having them have super short hair.  I mean I hadn't ever done more than cut an inch or two of Shelbys hair EVER. My girls get compliments on their "pretty hair" all the time and it makes them feel so special.  I just knew that we couldn't be selfish when some people don't have any hair at all.  I explained it to the girls and they were on board.  Kadence was thrilled and Shelby was nervous.  We kept telling her that she didn't have to donate it or cut it super short if she didn't want to, but ultimately she decided to do it because she knew her hair would grow back out.  The morning of the hair cuts I was actually surprised with how excited Shelby was. 









No tears were shed, the girls looked cute and hair was donated. They were so excited to show their friends Chloe and Naomi. They wanted them to be the first ones to see it.  I have a hard time getting their hair to look nice while its so short and struggle because there aren't a lot of options.  They are cute girls and their hair will grow quickly and I'm proud of their willingness to give.  (I just can't wait until its a little bit longer!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment