Sunday, February 17, 2013

Confessions

I CONFESS...that I am really bad at keeping up to date on my blog.  I try really hard and I think about posting all of the time but I just don't get around to it.  It's a lot easier to do when I don't have school but I'm going to try to still update occasionally throughout this semester.  It's important to me to keep blogging as this is my way of journaling or scrapbooking our families adventures. 

I CONFESS....I am very stressed about Davids doctoral applications. I am dying to find out if he gets into Utah State.  I have looked up our options for housing, I know which Bachelors program I would apply for, we have talked about family outings and adventures we could do while in Logan, etc.  All we need is the stinkin acceptance letter!  I seriously don't know how much longer I can wait before I lose my mind.  We are thrilled to move and go somewhere new....well, newish.  We have finally told the girls we are moving and they are even excited.  A few students have realized that "Mr. Joy" won't be there next year and more and more faculty are finding out.  We just need that one piece of mail to come to move us onto our next phase of life.  I'm hoping that it says David has been accepted, but even if it says he isn't we will be able to start planning our next step.

I CONFESS...I am a girl who loves skittles, but I am not super fond of the new dark side flavors.  I like them alright, but they wouldn't be my first choice.  I don't know what it is about them.  They taste good and I ate my entire package in one sitting but they just aren't as fabulous as the classic red or purple package or even the riddles.

I CONFESS...We bought my girls more stuffed animals for Valentines Day.  I always swear to myself that we will never buy another stuffed animal until we have grandbabies and I always end up a liar.  My girls LOVE stuffed animals and they are the one thing that they play with every single day.  We just have 3 huge boxes downstairs full of ones we can't part with, 2 rooms with 30+ in them and we recently gave away two garbage bags full.  We have too many, but we couldn't resist. 

I CONFESS...I am going to try to get healthier. I have gained a substantial amount of weight and I don't feel good about myself.  I am an over eater who happens to be very lazy which isn't a good combo.  Besides being unhappy with the way I feel and look I am setting a bad example for my girls.  I need to show them how to properly take care of their bodies and how to have good self esteem.  I'm starting small since that is all my heart lets me do right now and hopefully as we straighten out my thyroid I will be able to handle more. I'm hoping to be able to hike Ben Lomond peak with the girls this summer and I will need to figure something out if I want to make it a reality.  Shelby has a goal of getting to the top of the "tallest mountain in Northern Utah" and she wants her daddy to help her achieve that goal.  I've lived in Ogden for 13 years now and haven't ever made the hike.  Its seriously a 20 minute drive from my house and I just haven't ever gotten around to it.  This will be the year but it all starts with baby steps getting me in the right direction, the healthy direction.

1 comment:

  1. I must confess I love Hot Tamales. I could eat them EVERY day. So know you are not alone in your love for that "special" candy. I love reading your blog it makes me smile every time. :) You and your family are truly an inspiration to all. You are a wonderful mom! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete