Sunday, February 17, 2013

Shelbys Family Party

Shelby was so excited to have family come over to share in her birthday excitement.  My girls still don't get the idea that people bring you presents for your birthday, but they LOVE having people come over to our house JUST for them.  Shelby had picked out her outfit right before Christmas.  Her friend Brenley gave her a bow for Christmas and she immediately coordinated an outfit that would match the bow so she could wear it for her birthday.  Shes such a girlie girl these days which is completely opposite of Kadence and I.  Don't get me wrong, she still love bugs, superheros and the outdoors but she also likes getting fancy.   
 I struggled with the camera, but here she is blowing out the candle
 The second Shelby left the chair unattended Brylee snuck in.  We always have had the girls sit in this chair to open presents.  I think we'll try to squish them in until they are 18. 
 She got spoiled as usual
 Shelby didn't want cake and ice cream, she wanted cupcakes and popsicles.  In our house, birthday girls get what birthday girls want.  Although I knew she probably didn't realize that there were so many options.  I got regular popsicles and a few more fun frozen treats.  Here are some of the crazy kids eating
 And heres Tyler, Amanda and Jacob enjoying their push pops
 Shelby helped me pick out her presents this year but didn't know we were buying them for her.  She thought we were buying them to store for "friend gifts". She was delighted as she opened and got everything she loved and picked out for her friends.
Shelby has such an amazing family who is so supportive of her.  We are so blessed to be surrounded by so many who love our girls.  I didn't have a very big family and still don't even know how many aunts and uncles I have.  Its nice to see that my girls are growing up knowing all of their extended family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment