Sunday, June 16, 2013

ER visit

We moved up to Logan on Thursday but didn't get done until well after bed time so we didn't get a chance to explore.  Friday we finally got that chance.  We went to eat with Sherri, Ashley, Breanne and Jeff at Firehouse Pizza. The girls have ben so worried that we won't have a good pizza place like Ogden Pizzeria.  They were very happy with Firehouse and loved that they got ice cream sandwiches after their pizza.  Once we got to our house to show everyone the new place, Shelby very persuasively talked us into going to the community playground.  The very first thing Shelby wanted to do was Underdog on the swing.  She loves that! The only problem is that she leans forward when she gets nervous.  I have just been waiting for her to fall off.  Well, I pushed her clear up high and turned around to see her face.  To my surprise she was flung clear back onto her face.  (She leaned forward and let go) I almost died laughing! I seriously thought I was going to pee my pants.  Luckily David was composed enough to see if he was ok.  She was fine and the girls went off to play.  Kadence was a little traumatized though because she always says "Will you push me, but I do NOT want an underdog." All us adults were chatting when all of a sudden Shelby dropped to the ground screaming.  She had rolled her ankle.  I'm the queen of "You're fine" and tried to tell her that.  This time was different though she was really hurt.  I picked her up and loved her as David checked her ankle.  It seemed fine enough so I set her down and made her walk.  She walked with a limp which I assumed was because it was sore.  After everyone left we went to Lees to get gogurt and string cheese.  While we were walking in I noticed that Shelby was limping.  I got my "She might really be hurt" face on and David and I put her in the cart to ride while we shopped.  When we got home she went upstairs to go potty and I all of a sudden heard crying from the stairs.  The poor girl couldn't put any weight on her foot and was trying to hop down the stairs.  We debated just waiting until morning to take her to the dr but knowing my luck she would really be hurt and I'd feel like a terrible mom.  (I hate when I tell them they are fine and it turns out they aren't) David said we may as well bring her in.  So basically less than 24 hours in Logan and we toured the ER.
 Once the dr got there, she was totally fine.  She tip toed, hopped, etc.  She did everything he asked.  He didn't even xray it because she was obviously fine.  The discharge nurse asked if they could have popsicles.....sure, why not?  I mean yes it is 11pm but I also just paid $250 copay for nothing so I may as well get happy girls out of the deal.
They were THRILLED with the popsicles and Shelby was fine from there on out.  She would tell me it still hurt for a couple days but overall she was just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment