Wednesday, June 19, 2013

So Blessed!

This day was simply supposed to be when we crossed "wear dresses" off of our summer to do list but it was exactly what I needed to snap me out of a funk I've been in.  It's been hard to move.  It's hard to feel so far away even if I didn't see most people very often.  Just knowing there was a distance between us has been hard. Its harder to have to pretend its AMAZING for your kids.  Its exhausting.  I love our new home, I can already see many positives about this move but its still tough.  I know that it was the right thing to do and will be so great for our family.  The honest thing is that often I have to repeat "Only 3-4 years....only 3-4 years" over and over to cope.  As negative as this may seem, its the truth.  Then add to that trying to clean the old house, about 2 trips average that we've gone to Ogden a week, the need to unpack, get registered for school, find jobs, etc.  I was struggling but yesterday I hit a breaking point.  I looked at our menu and saw "French Toast" was on the menu.  I did NOT want to eat French toast.  I am a food person and having to eat something I don't feel like seriously ruins my day. (I know that is ridiculous, but again its the truth) I knew our deposit should be returned soon and was really hoping it was in the mailbox so that we could just get take out instead of eating French toast. Well, instead of a deposit we got a letter from our insurance saying they have denied coverage for Kadences neuropsychological testing.  We feel it is really necessary, the dr also felt it was needed but according to the insurance company it isn't medically necessary.  So....we get to pay for the testing and I have to eat from the menu.  That might seem so small but it was just enough to push me over the edge.
 
Enough of the negative though.  I only post it to try and let everyone know that I am real, honest, and my life isn't perfect and doesn't always go as planned.  I get down.  I need support.  When I am quiet, that's when I need it the most.  Well, today was the day when I got a dose of how incredibly blessed I am.  It started as planned with the girls getting in their dresses.  They were new ones just to make it more special.  I loved watching them get so excited.  The excitement was almost too much to handle as they had to decide which jewelry they would wear so they could look just perfect.  It was an amazing morning with two of my favorite people.


 We then welcomed our first visit from friends.  We have lived in Logan for 3 weeks and have had Jeff, Ashley, Breanne and Sherri visit.  Not that family isn't fabulous, it was almost 3 weeks ago that they came.  (Except Jeff but he isn't able to stay as long as he used to which is a bummer)  Well, yesterday I got  a text from Megan saying herself, Dave and Odessa wanted to come visit. Yay!  I was so excited.  I saw her like 2 weeks ago, but again the distance between us makes it seem like longer.  We had a great time.  She gave me the most perfect Bday present ever and I absolutely loved it.  I mostly loved that she was inspired by a visit we had to Rainbow Gardens when I said that I liked something. She recreated it for me and knowing that she made it makes it that much more special.  Not to mention, I usually think about presents for so long.  I put so much effort into finding the absolute perfect gift for people.  I try to make sure I have paid enough attention to what they like.  The problem is that most of the time people don't notice what I like.  (David tries super hard and is getting better but I rarely say I want anything so its hard) That made this gift double perfect.  We went to Chilis, went to the playground, played, chatted and I thoroughly enjoyed the time they were up here.  After they left I asked the girls what they wanted for dinner.  I was still full from lunch, David wasn't too hungry and I didn't want to cook a full meal just for the kids.  Shelby said she wanted "Hot dog cereal" which made me laugh. David and I weren't fond of their ideas so we just hung out in the kitchen listening to youtube videos and the girls and I were singing our little hearts out.  When I watched them sitting there, coloring, singing  I realized just how lucky I am.  I literally had to hide the fact that it brought tears to my eyes.  They are the most precious things in this world and I love them more than anything.  We decided that we would pick "teams" and head to the store with a $10 budget/team for dinner.  Shelby requested we went to a store with little shopping carts so she could push it.  Luckily, Lees has them and is right up the street.  Shelby was so fun to watch as she pushed the cart around and tried to stay in the budget while getting a meal.  David said that Kadence would stop her cart and tell people "you go ahead, I'm not in a hurry" which was just the cutest thing.  We came home with interesting dinners but it was so fun and I loved how excited the girls were about it.
Shelby and my meal:
 Kadence and Davids meal:
 They were so incredibly proud!
 I loved my yogurt, juice, mac and cheese and donut.  I saved my sucker for later.
David enjoyed his bowl of sausage, apple, corn and Cheetos.  They saved their cookies for later.
 
Shelby then came up with different buddy rules.  Buddies have to stay together, buddies have to snuggle, buddies have to play together, etc.  It was way cute.  It was again exactly what I needed.  As if this wasn't enough, David came home from the storage shed with these:
(You can see my present in the background)
I don't love getting flowers all of the time.  I don't love getting them on the usual days like Valentines and our Anniversary.  I love to get them rarely and randomly.  NEVER after a fight either.  It was the nicest surprise to end the nicest day.  Every once in a while I get in a funk.  I'm unable to think positively.  I'm unable to look at my life and see the positive.  I'm just simply a rotten brat.  Then I have a day like today that snaps me back to reality and I realize just how incredibly blessed I am.  It recharges me and I'm able to continue through life positively.  I'm able to be excited for the changes in my life and not just fake the excitement for the kids sake.  I love my life.  I am so lucky to be surrounded by the people who love me and those whom I know I can rely on.  I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment