Thursday, November 7, 2013

Feeling Odd...

So this is quite possibly the most odd I have felt in a long time.  I think its what some feel like when an ex boyfriend/girlfriend moves on and finds someone new and you find out by the status update on Facebook.  Seriously it is that silly and I feel so immature.  I saw a friend tagged in a picture on Facebook and in the background was.....well...my old house.  Yes, I told you it was silly!  That is MY home.  It still feels like MY home.  It is so strange to feel somewhat odd as I see my house in the background of a picture.  The good thing is that is seems as though the birthday parties thrown there will still be amazing and the yard will still be full of fun for kids.  I'm glad that the house will make memories for new people as well as for my friends.  The other thing that is odd to recognize is that life moved on after we moved.  People go about their daily lives without much thought about "The Joys" or those "cute girls".  Its weird to me because not a day has passed that I don't think of someone from our neighborhood.  I feel like time is stuck still for me while everyone else is moving on with their lives.  We still don't know many since moving 6 months ago and haven't made any "great" friends yet.  We may have, but we don't know them well enough to know they aren't offended by us, that we can be our normal strange selves without judgment, that we can ask for favors if needed, etc.  None of this is bad, I'm not exactly sad....or happy.  I just don't know what I am feeling.  I just simply feel odd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment