Thursday, December 26, 2013

Family Pictures

My goal is to get our family pictures taken each year.  It's not something that David or I like to be a part of because we both don't enjoy pictures, but it's really important to me.  I grew up without a family picture and there is no way to recreate it because my brother has passed away.  I'm not even positive that there is a family picture with all 6 kids.  I want my girls to always have a recent picture with all members of their family just in case.  That sounds horrible, but it is extremely important to me because I know how delicate life can be.  We had gone camping at a campground up Logan canyon and picked it by chance.  It ended up being our new favorite campground.  We explored and found some gorgeous spots that we loved.  My friend Megan went as a leader to girls camp at the same campground and pointed out that it would be a beautiful spot for pictures.  I had to agree.  We decided we wanted our friend Ali (Clearly Seen Photography) to take our pictures and split the "travel fee".  Ali has taken pictures of our family and girls many times and the girls respond well to her and she does a great job.  The day we scheduled was SO rainy.  Not only that, but I had to leave work early with a migraine.  I took some meds and a nap and woke up with just a headache which was so lucky.  We got the girls ready and rushed up.  It was raining on our way up and then it stopped as we got to the campsite.  We were really lucky!  Although all the girls had crazy frizzy hair about 10 minutes in, we got some good pictures.  (I brought lotion to try to keep some of the frizzies at bay, but gave up eventually) Thanks Ali for capturing my family!










No comments:

Post a Comment