Thursday, December 26, 2013

Halloween

This year for Halloween our girls were going to be Batman and Robin....right up until I went to order their costumes that is.  Then they randomly changed their minds.  I was a little sad because they would have been a great duo, but I'd rather my kids be what they want.  I mean it is the ONLY day in the entire year that you get to be whatever you want, right?  Shelby really wanted to be a witch.  I showed her a bunch of different witch costumes and she didn't want a new one, she wanted to use the one her sister had the year before.  Ummm, ok?  I mean I was excited to save the money but it was so strange she wanted to reuse a costume when she could pick any one she wanted.  
 Grandpa Joy gave her a spider broach to wear and she loved it!
 We added frog earrings to the mix and she couldn't be more excited.
 Kadence wanted to be a cowgirl.  She has recently been obsessed with cowboys and cowgirls.  I figured that was a pretty simple costume and she loved wearing it.  She wasn't loving taking pictures and I'm glad I got one without her giving me a nasty face, but I couldn't get more than one of her by herself.
 Grandpa also gave Kadence a pink bolo tie that you can see below.
The girls had a fun time in their school parades and I even managed to arrange going into work late so I could see Kadence.  Unfortunately I couldn't see Shelby because she had hers in the middle of the day. They both enjoyed our classic pizza dinner followed by a trunk-or-treat at our church.  We have gone to the same trunk-or-treat with all of Davids family for the past 6 years so it was weird doing it on our own, but it was still fun.  We left the trunk-or-treat to go around to houses.  I just don't think that there is anything better than going door to door with a pillowcase, ringing the doorbell and yelling "Trick-or-Treat!".  

No comments:

Post a Comment