Friday, June 20, 2014

Dance!

Shelby had her Spring Dance performance and she was so excited!  It was a super long dress rehearsal the Thursday prior, but it helped everything to go so well when it was performance day!  Uncle Jeffy came up to watch and Kadence was a great and supportive sister throughout.  She kept telling Shelby how pretty she looked and how well she did. 
 I brought Bedtime Stories for Shelby to watch back in her "dressing room".

 Kadence was able to use my phone until the performance started.
 I asked Shelby if I could get a picture and she was fine with it but she wanted to check herself out in the mirror first.

 A few of the dancers in her class, waiting to go backstage.
 Megan, Davisson and Odessa came up to support Shelby.  They are the best!  It was a morning performance AND it was Dusty's birthday so we were so grateful they came.

 Shelby did much better during her dress rehearsal than she did the actual performance, but she had more fun on performance day so what do you do?  She was so happy to get a medal!  She saw the trophies displayed that the competition teams won and she decided she wanted to audition for the comp team this year.  I have told her that she probably won't make it but I think it will be a really good experience for her anyways.  She hasn't auditioned for anything before and this way she will know what to expect if she tries out next year.






 After the performance we went to the park for a picnic.  Shelby hasn't really gotten to play on playgrounds very much this summer because of Kadence's restrictions, but we decided she could play for a while before we left.  On the way to the playground she said, "Mom I bet that there will be boys and they will think I look really beautiful!" .........HELP!!! :)
 David was able to help Kadence rock climb, ensuring that she didn't bend and that she didn't fall. She was so happy to be able to do something she loved.

 We then went to Idaho to "support their public schools"....AKA buy lottery tickets.  Ha!

 I think I gave up a while ago on making sure my pictures were in the right order, but here's the picnic at the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment