Sunday, December 21, 2014

Hanukkah

Today was the day we celebrated Hanukkah! It's something the girls, David and I look forward to every year.  Hopefully one year we will be able to celebrate all 8 days, but for now we still just celebrate one.  We pack a lot of fun into the one day celebration along with a lot of learning.  

 We all got mystery Disney figures.  (Wall-E, Timon, Ralph and Simba)

 The girls also got a little coloring pack.

 I love that the girls are old enough to help light the menorah.


 One of our favorite parts is playing dreidel



 I think David is the first one out every single year!
 It came down to Shelby and I in the end.
 I won!  For the first year, Shelby wasn't the winner!
 The girls kept playing with Hippy and Sunshine.
 I helped make latkes for the first time this year.  The ones I made ended up doughy in the middle and we had to put them back in the oil.  Next year I'll leave it all up to David again.  While we were watching a video of a Hanukkah celebration we noticed they put applesauce on their latkes so we decided to try it.  It was ok, but I think I'll just eat them with a little salt next year.   
It was another successful day of celebration and we all had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment