Sunday, December 21, 2014

I Did It!

After 5 long years I FINALLY have earned my Associates Degree.  I am proud of myself...and I can't remember the last time that happened.  I honestly think the only thing that kept me going was the fact that I hate to quit anything I start.  Trust me I wanted to!  I was so nervous as I signed up for my final math class.  It was the only thing standing between me and a degree.  The problem is that up until this point I had never passed any math class on my first try.  This was the semester I changed that!  I had surgery right toward the end of the semester and then we moved the weekend before finals week.  Both of which were not planned out well.  I thought I set myself up for another failure and talked myself into being ok graduating next semester.  The results came back and I got a C in my math class!  I was so excited and the girls and David were so happy for me too.  At USU they only allow Associate graduates to walk during the Spring commencement.  Considering I will get my diploma in the mail in February I saw no point in walking.  I don't understand the concept of sitting all day......and making my girls sit all day.....just so that I can walk across the stage and get a fake diploma.  Instead we went let the girls dress up in dresses and went to a "fancy" dinner at Elements to celebrate.  It was SO yummy and the girls loved how fancy they felt it was.  They loved dessert even more though.  Jeff came to help us celebrate too and it was really nice.  I will still keep working towards my Bachelors, but I'm so happy to know that if I were to stop taking classes I would at least have something to show for it.  I'm also a first generation, female graduate.  Both my brothers have an associates, but none of the girls in my immediate family line do.  (At least that I'm aware of) I'm glad I set the example for the girls and proved to myself that I can accomplish things I thought were not possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment