Sunday, January 25, 2015

Shelbys Birthday Dinner

We love that Grandma and Grandpa Joy coordinate a family dinner for our girls for their birthdays.  They always get to choose exactly what we eat for dinner and for dessert.  It can get quite interesting.  This year we celebrated the Sunday before Shelby's birthday.  She chose to have corn dogs (and mini corn dogs), tater tots, peaches and apples for dinner.  She then wanted brownies and ice cream cones for dessert.  She chose play dough ice cream and multicolored cones. I tried to set up a mini Ninja Turtle set up so that it was a little more fun.  

 I went to get the usual picture in front of the party table and she said "What should I do, put my thumbs up?" I said "Sure, just be sure to smile."
 I have a love/hate relationship with this picture.  I love that they hug each other without me asking them to.  It seriously melts my heart to see how close they are.  What I hate is that they are getting bigger.  Kadence looks so old in this picture to me.
 You may notice some Ninja Turtle socks in the picture.  They didn't wear them to church, but when they got home they removed their jackets and sweaters and added some socks.
 Make a wish!
 Present time!



We were all so happy that Curtis, Sarah, Jeffy, Grandma and Grandpa were able to join us in our home to celebrate.  It made Shelby feel so special and she had the best day!

No comments:

Post a Comment