Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Surgery

Although Kadence has a cold, the Dr said it is alright to go ahead with the surgery. So on Friday she will be getting her tonsils and adenoids removed. I am unusually nervous with this for some reason. She has been put under anesthesia so many times and it has gone well, so it doesn't make much sense. This is less risky than her being casted which should comfort me, but for some reason I can't shake the thought of something going wrong. It is kind of nice in a way because I tell her I love her more, rock her more often and make hugs last longer. When you have a fear dealing with your child I think it makes you realize how much your children mean to you. I love both my girls so much and can't imagine life without them. We have already stocked up on soup, jello, juice, and applesauce. We will be going tomorrow to let Kadence pick out the popsicles of her choice. We also will be finding out the time of the surgery tomorrow. I am hoping it is close to morning so she doesn't have to fast as long, but she does pretty well for a 3 year old. David has taken the day off to be with us at the hospital and David's parents are watching Shelby. I am glad it is on a Friday so that David can help over the weekend. I am excited to have this over with and have Kadence feeling better, sleeping better and breathing better. Wish us luck, I will post on Friday while she is recovering.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything! Shes in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily, she is young enough that she will bounce back quickly. It will be the tonsils that give the pain. Asher was back to normal the next day after his adenoid removal. There is hope and help always:) Good Luck

    ReplyDelete