Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tough memories

I had to write a personal narrative essay for my English class. The essay needed to be something that has changed us as a person. I have had many things that have changed me and defined who I was throughout my life, but nothing more than the birth of Kadence. I thought it would be so simple to write 4 pages about her struggle in the beginning. I mean to cram a month into 4 pages seemed like it would be so easy. I was very wrong. It was so hard to express my feelings and I never knew how much I have actually hidden from everyone....including myself. As I wrote, it was almost therapeutic. I have always felt I needed to be strong, but never realized how much I was truly going through inside. I am so appreciative of all my family who helped David and myself through one of the toughest times of our lives. Most importantly I am grateful for everyone who helped Kadence. She had so much love and support from family and I know that is what helped her stay strong. I am also thankful for Kadence who taught me that no matter the odds placed against you, the choice is up to you. You can always be determined to prove the Dr's wrong. I am so grateful for my family and the love and support that is there. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Your paper was beautiful. I think you like to make me cry.

    ReplyDelete