Saturday, December 17, 2011

Graduation and Gingerbread Men

We were SO incredibly proud to see Davids brother, Jeff, graduate with his Bachelors! I got Kadence out of school so that we could all be there to support him. I thought of getting the girls in their fancy Christmas dresses but then I realized that would leave me fighting them all day to keep their dress down, keep their legs closed, etc. That seemed like a few fights I would like to avoid so I decided to just put them in purple shirts for Weber State. The girls were so excited to see Jeffy graduate and Shelby even told me "I'm so proud of him." Kadence is excited to graduate Kindergarten now so she can be like Jeff.

Here's Shelby waiting for the ceremony to start

Here's Kadence waiting
Here are Dale, Connie, Elaine, and Judy

Shelby was a little bored by the graduation speeches.

Jeff getting ready to walk

I got a picture of what family was still there at the end

We are so excited to watch Jeff become the amazing teacher we know he will be and are so proud of this accomplishment.


After the graduation we were going to go to decorate gingerbread houses with the Joys. They do this every year and we love going. Unfortunately David wasn't feeling great all day so we didn't end up making it. His pain meds made him feel really woozy and disconnected. He didn't think that he would have a good time. He started feeling a little better toward the end of the night so we decided to decorate gingerbread men at our house. I was sad to miss the family decorating party, but was happy that our girls didn't miss out.

My finished gingerbread man

The girls decorating





Shelbys finished gingerbread man

Kadences finished gingerbread man

Jeff came to decorate too

Jason and Sage came to keep us company...and Brylee slept the whole time in Kadences room

Here's Davids finished project. Its Gingy, chained up, eating Santa (Did I mention he was on pain meds?)

Here is Jeffs finished project

We all had fun, but I'm hoping we can do it with the whole family next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment