Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Lights

As a youngin' I used to go to Temple Square to see the lights. David doesn't remember ever going before meeting me. (Doesn't mean he didn't though) I want to make it a tradition to go with the girls every year. What better way to enjoy the season than walking around and admiring beautiful lights and seeing the different nativities. We went down on a Sunday evening because it was the best day to fit it in and Jeff came along with us. It was fun to see the girls get excited about all the different things.


During our visit, Kadence decided it would be funny to stick her tongue out in almost every picture.
Here's the family....and Kadence's tongue.
The girls admiring the nativity.
It took a while but I got a tongue-free picture


Then we FINALLY went and saw "Big Jesus" as Shelby calls it. Shelby has been absolutely dying to go see "Big Jesus" and repeatedly told us "You promised we would go!" It was so cute because you could tell it was everything she hoped it would be.





I didn't bring my camera, but we also went to Christmas Village which was a tradition for both David and I. Again, it was fun to watch the girls get so excited looking at all the lights and displays. Jeff joined us again too which always makes the girls excited! This was the first year that the girls didn't have to hold our hand the whole time and were able to run to each display. We skip Santa every year because the line is long and its a cold wait. I'd rather see him at the mall. (Which we did two or three times) After Christmas Village it is our new tradition to go to Starbucks and get a white chocolate hot chocolate with peppermint added in. YUM! This year I had gotten a gift card for free from entering codes from our Huggies so it worked out great! The girls haven't like hot chocolate before, but they LOVED the white chocolate. (Although they didn't want any peppermint added in) I love going to both places for lights, and I hope that the girls will continue to love it as they grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment