Thursday, March 21, 2013

New Home!

A little bit ago we filled out applications for a house that we wanted and were able to drive past it and take a look.  Its the one place in Logan that I really wanted to live.  Its a housing community called The Springs. David and I lived in The Springs for about 8 months before moving to Ogden.  It was great.  They are 3 bedroom/2 bath homes that are one level, have a 2 car garage and a teeny tiny yard.  I'm talking super small yard....but its a space to call our own and its completely fenced.  The area has a lot of younger families, but it isn't full of newlyweds with brand new babies.  This is what I was not happy about living in student housing for.  I loved the time we had in student housing and everyone was nice BUT if I had to watch people kiss all through sacrament meeting I was going to scream!  I haven't ever been an over the top "mushy" girl.  I understand most people who are in love are, but not me.  Another problem was that there would be only a couple kids that would be my girls ages.  This just didn't seem like the best fit for our family at the stage of life we are in.  Because of this I started looking at our options and realized we could try for The Springs.  It was going to cost about $200 more each month plus all of our utilities wouldn't be included. I knew it was a long shot but wanted to try and see what happened.  If we had the opportunity I knew we could weigh the pros and cons and pray about it.  I also told David "If you get an assistantship or scholarship we WILL move into The Springs."  Well, we were put on a wait list and weren't sure what was going to happen.  I would move from student housing if it was before August, but I refuse to move my girls in the middle of the school year if I can avoid it.  We got a call letting us know that a house was going to open up in April and that if we passed on this one we might not get in.  Wow, we had to make a decision and fast.  We feel really good about the decision we made which was to apply.  We had to pass a background/credit check.  We got a call letting us know there was a problem with it.  It turns out that we owed the IRS some money from a 2009 tax return, well we luckily paid it off about two weeks before this with this years tax return.  We had gotten a letter from the IRS stating that we were paid in full only 2 days before this call and so we were able to email a copy to the landlord.  We are now clear and have mailed off our deposit!  I am so happy and even better, the girls are super excited.  We saw the school they will be attending and they are excited to go which is a huge blessing.  The thing I have worried about most is not where to live, its not how we will pay for things, its not my education or Davids....its those girls.  I never want to impact them in a negative way and I'm glad that this is something they are happy about.  We asked the landlord if she could move the move-in date back at all and she said she could probably push it to May 1st.  We have to pay for the home we are at until June so that means we will pay double rent for May and June.  Thank heavens for getting our tax return when we did.  Everything is seriously working out so perfectly and I feel so blessed.  We will not have  a big 'move everything' day, but will move slowly throughout the two months.  I'm so excited to see what Logan will bring for us.  I know that it is the right decision for us.  How can you deny everything falling into place so perfectly?  I'm just in awe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment