Sunday, March 24, 2013

Resurrection Rolls!

One year I decided to try making "resurrection rolls" with my girls.  It turns out that I started a new tradition.  My girls loved it and ask about it every year.  They associate Easter with resurrection rolls more than anything else.  Don't get me wrong, they love to hunt for some Easter eggs and get spoiled by the Easter bunny but its something they look forward to.  This year they started asking as we talked about Christmas so they've been waiting a while.  Each year we are able to go more in depth into the story of the resurrection and I think that the girls are really grasping the whole idea this year.  Their faces when I explained the crown of thorns being pressed onto Jesus' head was something that let me know they truly understood what I was talking about.  Here the girls are putting Jesus in the oils and spices and wrapping him in cloth. I was so excited because Shelby didn't even hesitate getting her fingers messy!  She even licked some of the sugar off when she was done. 
 The girls chose to have their happy nappers guard the tomb this year
 
 The finished product.....which happens to be super yummy!
I love that this is something that has become a tradition and I love that we are able to talk more about the last days of Christs life each year.  We were able to read a lot out of the scriptures this year too which was amazing.  One of these years David and I want to have an activity for the week leading up to the resurrection.  For now, "Jesus Rolls" will have to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment