Thursday, March 21, 2013

SPRING!

We had our annual "Spring Party" tonight.  It was a day late because David had a track meet in Stansbury (Tooele) yesterday and he really wanted to be there.  He is seriously the best daddy! I decided a while back that I wanted to invite a friend or two to celebrate with us.  The girls are getting older and although David and I are pretty amazing, they enjoy kids their age more.  The girls have been asking when the spring party would be since Valentines Day.  When I told them that I had invited Emi and Sarah they were thrilled! Emi is in Shelbys church class and Sarah is in Kadence's.  All the girls except for Shelby are 6, but they all play really well together.  I always try to give my girls all the essential "spring items" like chalk, bubbles, etc.  I figured I would do the same for the other girls.  They got a bag with chalk, a jump rope, a kite, bubbles, spring colored putty, a pinwheel, and some spring candy. They also got spring plates that they ate their dinner on.
 
 We ate chicken salad sandwiches, but the fruit was Shelbys favorite part! She hates when I tell her that the fruit is just too expensive in the winter.  When I told her that fruit was going to start costing less money she was so happy!
 David is very involved and thought of the dessert on his own.  He thought that dirt cups would be perfect since you plant flowers in the Spring.  I added some foam flowers to make them look like little potted flowers.
 We started off by painting the girls fingernails with some UV nail polish.  It goes on clear and then when you go in the sun it turns maroon. I added sparkles on top because.....well, everything is better with sparkles.  Here are the girls standing with their nails in the sun watching them change.
 After dinner we made bracelets with UV beads.  The beads also changed colors in the sun.  Here is an example of the beads with and without sun.
 Emi and Kadence stringing their beads
 Shelby and Sarah adding their beads
 The girls all had a fun time and were all so well behaved.  I know that I won't ever have a hard time with these girls because every one of them listens so well and follows directions.  I was also so excited because Emi was her normal talkative, cute self.  She normally will talk to me, but not too much.  She is more comfortable at her own home as well.  Not today! She talked and talked and it wasn't just to the girls, it was to me too!  She told me all about Kindergarten and the leprechaun that came to her house, etc.  All four of these girls are simply adorable!  At the end of the party there was about 20 minutes of time that they just played.  At one point all 4 of them ended up in the phone booth.  You can't see them all too well, but they are all in there!


No comments:

Post a Comment