Thursday, October 17, 2013

Kadence Turns 7!

I still can NOT believe that I have a 7 year old.  I for sure can't believe that Kadence has been a part of my life for 7 whole years.  I love my life as a mommy and I'm so blessed to be able to watch this little girl grow up.  She is crazy, spunky, thoughtful, sensitive, sassy, defiant, kindhearted, smart, silly, exhausting and just about as perfect as a 7 year old can be.  I love her forever and always!!

This was on her birthday trip to Famous Daves (not on her bday) where she tried ribs for the first time...

 She woke up on her birthday to our present and the present Shelby wanted to buy and thought of all on her own...
  
 Shelby didn't want to waste any time and gave Kadence her present right away...

 Kadence LOVED it...
 Shelby picked a blue chalk bag for Kadence to use rock climbing. Blue is currently her favorite color...
 We didn't have time for another present because we had to get ready for cousin Parkers baptism...

We told Kadence that although it was her special day, baptisms only come once (well, usually) and that it was Parkers special day while we were with him...not hers.  Well Rachel didn't think that was fair so she bought cupcakes and made sure to sing to Kadence before we ate yummy food for the baptism.  It made her day and she actually got shy which doesn't happen too often anymore...
After the baptism we went and helped Booger and Sage load the moving truck.  The girls were so good to just wait.  We went and got the chocolate rock candy for her parties good bags, slurpees and then we just sat around.  I'm so happy to have such patient girls.  I'm also so happy that my girls are so willing to share their special days.  This year both girls had to allow their daddy to help someone instead of having fun with them and neither one complained.  We decided after moving that not many would be able to make it to celebrate with us so we decided that from now on we will let the birthday girl pick a restaurant and then we'll take them to dinner instead. Kadence picked Olive Garden! By the time we got to Olive Garden it was 7:30, we were all starving and I don't think Olive Garden has ever tasted so good.

A few family members called Kadence and she looked so old as she would fling herself on the bed and talk to them.
At about 10pm Kadence finally was able to open her present from mom and dad (She didn't even ask a single time if she could open it yet)

She got some quick draws for rock climbing, 2 boy barbies and a few things that I don't remember.
Daddy teaching her all about the quick draws that happened to be orange...one of her favorite colors.
We had a busy day and throughout it all, Kadence never once was concerned we weren't 100% focused on her.  She just was happy and content.  This is much like her everyday personality.  She is just simply happy, doesn't need much and is grateful for all that she has.  She had a great day and I enjoyed being a part of it.  It's crazy that she is 7, it's crazy that I'm her mommy and I am crazy lucky to have her in my life.  Mom, Dad and Shelby love you forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment