Thursday, October 10, 2013

Kadence's 7th Birthday Party!

This is a post that I am embarrassed to have be so late. I just suck at blogging.  Finally I decided to try to post Kadence's 7th Birthday Party! Back in February or March of this year, Kadence went rock climbing with David at The Front Climbing Gym in Ogden.  She had SO much fun and it is all we heard about....daily....sometimes multiple times a day...for months.  When coming up with suggestions for her birthday party theme I decided to look into a rock climbing party.  It turns out that The Front has birthday party packages.  Awesome! I gave her the list of ideas and when I got to rock climbing she freaked out, that is for sure what she wanted.  I was excited to not have much to do for the party considering we were moving a little more than a month before her birthday.  It was also nice because we could be in Ogden where all of her friends are.  We conveniently scheduled it for the same day she had a neuropsychologist appointment in Clearfield making it so that we only had to drive down once.  The only problem is that it was an appointment to determine what kind of testing she needed done during her 5 hour testing session and was just her and the Dr in the room alone for 45 minutes.  He came out and said "Wow, she is a talker!"  I agreed because this girl knows how to talk! On the way out I asked Kadence what kinds of questions the doctor had for her.  She replied with, "He asked me to tell him about my life."  Really?! That doctor was just asking to get his ear talked off!  The fact she was so excited for her birthday party probably wasn't helpful.  Her party is always hard to plan because so many people are on vacation.  This year wasn't any different.  We invite far more than show up, but she's happy to see those that come and understanding that not everyone can make it. Now for the pictures! Here's Kadence while she is waiting for her friends...
 All ready to climb in the girls' climbing harness we bought them a while ago...
 Daddy getting her ready to go...
 Stopping for mom to get a picture...
 Instead of stepping on the holds, she digs her knee into the wall, its so weird...
 Shelby doesn't love rock climbing but tries to enjoy it...
 Ready for pizza....
 My niece Abbie joined us for a while...
 I can't resist her cute face...
 Savannah loved it...
 The kids! Savannah, Emi, Shelby, Kadence, Ellery and Sarah arrived late so she isn't in the picture...
 Ellery was a champ...
 Savannah at the top...
 Bouldering...


 Jeffy came and helped, he is amazing!!
 Slacklining...


 The Front was so cute to make the cake in her favorite colors, blue and orange...
 She loved that it had the knot they tie...

 Again, how can I resist that face...
 Present time....

 Our gift was too heavy for her to get out easily, I love her face...
 We gave her a climbing rope so she could climb in the mountains with dad and she couldn't stop hugging it...
 The usual family photo courtesy of Jeffy...
 Her knees got sores from digging them into the wall...
I wasn't sure The Front was going to give gift bags (which they did) so I made my own little goodie bags. David tied survival bracelets with parachute cord that Kadence picked out and we put it in a bag of chocolate rocks with a carabiner holding a note that said "Thanks for hanging out at my party, you ROCK" It was simple, but Kadence thought the note was absolutely hilarious!

Kadence loved spending time with her friends doing what she loved and I think I loved watching her enjoy her party ten times more.  It wasn't a party I ever thought we would have with one of our girls, but hey what the birthday girl wants the birthday girl gets!  I sure do love this girl so much and am so lucky to be her mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment