Thursday, October 17, 2013

UEA Surprise

The girls have been out of school this week for UEA and I have to be at work.  This is the first time that we aren't able to spend UEA together as a family.  It's always been a much needed break with some extra family time.  Well now that I work it meant that David would be staying home all day with the girls.  I loved being a stay at home mom, but I know that sometimes you just need to get out of the house.  I feel bad because David has planned two different overnight backpacking trips and both times his friends have cancelled.  I know how horrible that is.  Of course you love your kids, but you love them more after you have had some "me time."  I worked out a way to leave work a little early and come home and surprise them with an activity.  I text Jeffy and asked if he wanted to join in on the fun.  Jeffy and I both arrived at the same time and walked up to the front door.  The surprise worked!  We then went on my adventure to the American West Heritage Center.  They had activities for Halloween and I was excited to see it.  The girls enjoyed the pony rides...

 They went on a giant slide (dad took a picture with his phone that I'll have to add later). They got to throw tomahawks. 

 The girls shot their very first guns...BB guns.  This is more than I have ever done.
 We got lost in a corn maze.  It seriously took us forever to get out.  We joked that people start the maze in great moods and laughing and smiling, but they end cranky and just happy to get out.  That was basically my mood coming out.  The girls (and Jeffy and David) enjoyed picking corn of the cobs and throwing it as we walked.  I focused more on just getting out. After about half an hour I was DONE. Although, we still had about another half hour or more before we were actually out.

 The girls and Jeff went through this course and they were supposed to avoid touching the strings
 Shelby fell so hard because her foot got caught on the string.  We all just laughed.
 They had so much fun trying to avoid the strings and did pretty good unless the string was too high to get their little legs over.
Everyone except me went through a small, completely dark, hay maze.  They said it was fun, but they used phones to cheat their way through.  Jeff and David couldn't stand to watch the girls run into the walls repeatedly.  We were able to pick out and buy some pumpkins on our way out which the girls are so excited to paint.  It was a great adventure and a great surprise.  These are the days I live for.  I will take less than fabulous days as long as I get a few of these days thrown in the mix.  I love seeing the girls happy.  I love being happy with them.  I love taking time to notice grass, leaves, the sky, the mountains, the smell, the birds, etc.  I love watching them take their time picking out pumpkins.  Shelby found the perfect pumpkin immediately while Kadence took longer to select the one that was just right.  I love my family so much and can't imagine my life without them.

1 comment:

  1. Again LOVE this family. You are a mom that is so involved and I love that you snap photos like I do. :0)

    ReplyDelete