Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Disneyland Part 1 (Sept)

After our trip to Arizona, we were off to Disneyland!  We love Disneyland and we can't stay away for too long.  We haven't ever gone trick or treating and we have always wanted to, especially with Shelby's love for villains.  We saw Goofy and Pluto right when we walked in which was a great way to start the day.
  Ashley and Breanne met us there all three days we went to the park.  

 THIS, this very picture is why we go.  This picture is exactly why we still went even though we hadn't yet recovered financially from a month in the hospital.  This picture doesn't even do it justice to be really honest.  Since Kadence's surgery she hasn't been sad, but she hasn't been her happy self.  She smiles, laughs and has fun but as her mom I know the difference.  The first day in Disneyland seemed to reverse all of that.  She was genuinely smiling, laughing and just my happy little Kadence again.  I kept telling David that I needed to somehow capture it on camera and this was close.  No matter how poor a decision it was financially to go on vacation to Disneyland I will never for one second regret it.  It was exactly what we needed to get our family back to normal....to get Kadence back to happy.

 Reason number two is of course to hear the squeals from Shelby.  Surgery wasn't easy on her either.  She has stayed in a constant state of concern for her sisters well being.  She's been nervous something would happen and probably worries more than we know because we only find out when her emotions get so overwhelming that they come spilling out.  She was happy....truly happy.  It was the best money we could have spent and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  If I knew that I could get my girls back on track emotionally I would have taken 5 trips to Disneyland by September.  The only thing I want in this world is for my girls to have smiles on their faces and to hear them squeal with excitement.


 We can't go to Disneyland without a trip to Ariels Grotto.  It is tradition.






 David stepped on a Jack Skellington pin while walking and we felt so bad that someone lost their pin.  It is so frustrating when it happens to you....or your kid.  Knowing there wasn't any way we could find the owner he decided to trade it with Disney cast members.  He would have kept it if he didn't walk on it for so long which caused a lot of scratches all over Jack.

 We ate at Flo's Cafe and got to see a few Cars go by while we ate.  The girls got their dinner in a Lightning McQueen car so we had to get a picture with all 3 McQueens.  (It is actually the most played with souvenir, even over the stuff they bought with their own money.)
 Can't leave without a churro!  It's the first place I tried a churro so it too is a tradition.



Picture overload, I know.  We had so much fun and I want to have the pictures to look back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment