Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving

Because of my surgery and the fact we've gotten so behind on homework....not to mention the fact I wasn't confident I'd be able to put on a bra....we decided to stay home this year instead of heading to Ogden.  The girls wanted to dress fancy for our feast so we of course allowed that.  Dad helped them hang snowflakes in their Winter Wonderland room that they had made at a friends house yesterday.
 I was just going to stay in PJ's but I didn't want to be the embarrassing one at the table so I got dressed which even included a bra!  We took about a million pictures.






 Darth Vader photobombed...



 I'm not very domestic, but I can cook a great Thanksgiving dinner.  (With Davids help of course)
 Aunt Amanda mailed the girls a cute story with a turkey craft.  She made them for all the kids but because we missed our family Thanksgiving my girls missed out.  It was so nice of her and the girls loved it! 
 I put an actual tablecloth and non plastic dishes on the table.  The girls saw it and said "Wow, it really is going to be a feast!"  The flowers are from my great friend Megan.  I did however remove the "I hope your boob heals well" card.  The colors were perfect and the flowers are beautiful!
 Uncle Kevin sent these turkeys to the girls at the beginning of the month.  They gobble when you squeeze them and the girls have loved them.  The turkeys joined us while we ate and they promised not to be upset we were eating turkey.  Shelby dressed hers in a disguise, cranberry sauce, so that we wouldn't eat it. 
 After dinner we worked on this years entry in our family thankful book.

We played games, watched Free Birds, David and I napped, the girls read books, etc.  Just before bed we put on Home Alone and the girls got cozy on the floor with their Christmas quilts and Rudolph pillow pets. David always watched this movie on Thanksgiving night so we figured we should too. 
It was a great day and although we missed our extended family we really enjoyed spending the day relaxing as a family at our own home.  I'm so incredibly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment