Sunday, August 30, 2009

Finally

I have finally figured out what I am going to be going to school for. OK, to be honest it is what I have always wanted to do. I am going to be majoring in Psychology with a minor in Social Work. I am a little scared because I know this means I am going to have to see some heartbreaking things, but it will hopefully be very rewarding too. I have always run away from the idea because I know the people I come in contact with and the stories they have to tell or the experiences they are going through might just break my heart. At the same time I know how important it is to have a compassionate person helping you through your trials. I am hoping I will be just that person. My goal is to either work in a school as a school counselor or to be a social worker in a hospital. I feel anxious yet at peace with the decision and hope it is the right one.

2 comments:

  1. Leanne,
    You will be PERFECT at this. You already have the caring personality and the best heart ever, so all you need is the little paper to show you are certified....but honestly, I have always thought you would make a good counselor. You are so compassionate and just all around wonderful! Good luck in school. I know you will achieve all you set your mind to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure know how to make a person feel good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete