Saturday, May 21, 2011

Friday Confessional

I CONFESS...I am afraid of germs. Some places are worse than others. For example I will let my kids play on public toys, but once we get to the car I sanitize their hands. I prefer to sanitize their hands before they eat anything...unless we are home. I know that germs are good for them and actually help them get sick less often by building their immune system but I can't help it. I guess that as long as it is only sanitizing a few times a day it's just good hygiene, right? At least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself anyways.

I CONFESS...I watch a lot of reality TV. I don't even really care half the time about it, but once I watch one episode I'm hooked until the season ends. I try to avoid watching ANY Bachelor and Big Brother because I get SO into it and it bugs me that I even care. I have even roped David into watching Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant with me. Ha Ha!

I CONFESS...I have some of the best kids in the world. They drive me insane and I get to where I just want to have 10 minutes BY MYSELF but when I get away I just miss them like crazy. I hate being away from them and no matter who has my kids I always worry how things are going. The other great thing is that if David or I don't feel well they seem to completely understand and don't really bother us much. They play nicer, whine less, and just are really really good. I am so blessed to have kids that are so amazing!

I CONFESS...I absolutely HATE having David in the hospital. I thought having him leave to San Diego was going to be bad but at least I would know he was comfortable and be able to call him up for anything while he's gone. I hate having a kid in the hospital, but a husband seems worse in a way. I never want to see my children in pain or sick enough to need a hospital, but when they are in I know I can always lean on David. When David is in the hospital I can't lean on my kids so its just really hard. I had a little break down last night because I didn't want to leave my sick husband, but I wanted to be with my girls. Since I can't be at two places at once I had to choose. That was a terrible feeling! I feel I made the right decision because I was able to keep the night time routine with them and do scriptures, prayer, story, a song and tuck them in bed. I also was able to talk with them about their daddy and answer their questions. Kadence got a little upset about her dad having to be gone, but when I told her that we would get him flowers and bring them to him she was able to calm down and go right to sleep. I'm hoping that David gets better quick and doesn't EVER have another hospital visit again!

I CONFESS...I have amazing friends and family. Since this hospital fun all began on Thursday I have been overwhelmed with the amount of people who are willing to help. I had a friend who literally had surgery Thursday bring us over some yummy dessert and a prize for the girls from her recent trip to Disneyland. How amazing, thanks Andrea!! I also had a pregnant neighbor who is having a hard time keeping her baby from coming early bring me dinner. Thank you Jessica!! Beyond that I have had amazing in laws who have been so willing to take care of my girls while I am with David. I haven't had to worry once about what to do with them and it is incredibly nice. I have possibly the best brother in law EVER who puts so much effort into making sure the girls are ready for bed, in their PJ's and calmed down (That alone is a big task) so that they are ready when I get home. He then goes home and sleeps for a few hours and comes back to the house so I can get to the hospital before the Dr does rounds. I have had many neighbors, friends and family who have been so willing to help and it means more to me than I could ever express. I am so blessed to have all of you in my life and feel your overwhelming love and support for my family. Thank you all!

1 comment:

  1. you amaze me you are a very strong women you have truly been blessed leanne we really need to start talking more and maybe get our family togoether for dinner

    ReplyDelete