Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pink Pink Pink!

Kadence has been telling me just about every idea she has had for her birthday party theme since December. Since her birthday isn't until July I just would tell her that the ideas sounded fun. It has now come time to let her pick a theme. I went through the list she has come up with: Hello Kitty, Strawberry Shortcake, Toy Story, Unicorns, Pony, etc. I even added Rapunzel and Pinkalicious. When it came down to it, she decided on Pinkalicious. It is one of her favorite books and well, she also loves pink. (I'm not a huge fan of pink) I started brainstorming and we have gone shopping a few times to get "pink things." We have different colored pink utensils, pink plates, pink napkins, pink cups, pink tablecloths, pinkalicious cups, pinkalicious napkins, and pinkalicious tablecloth. We have pink candies, pink sprinkles, pink cake and cake that I will dye pink. I just ordered different pink patterned cupcake liners for her cupcakes too. I ordered the hardcover Pinkalicious book since we only had the paperback that came in her book order. I am then going to display it on the table and cut up the paperback book and frame a few pages as table decorations. The only thing I have really struggled with are the party favors. Goodie bags are my FAVORITE little hobby. I LOVE putting them together and love watching the kids excitement when they open or receive them. I didn't want to hand out pinkalicious party bags to all of the attending children because she has cousins and friends who are boys that will be attending. I also didn't want to go through the effort and cost to do a boy alternative when it's HER party and she wants pink! I decided that I will set out the different pink party favors and have pink bags that all the kids can collect which favors they want. If the boys don't want pink things, they don't have to take anything. We will have pink bubbles, pink wands, pink balloons, pink candy bracelets, pink pencils that say "Happy Birthday Kadence", and the assorted pink candy. I'm also going to have a little craft station where the kids can make pink bracelets with the little plastic beads if they decide to. All in all we are going to be absolutely pinked out and Kadence is going to absolutely LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment