Wednesday, September 5, 2012

1st Day of Preschool

Shelby went to her first day of preschool today!  She went last year, but this was the first day in the 4 year old class.  She has been so excited and waited very patiently for her '1st day of school' since her sister started a week earlier.  She is in the morning and afternoon class which means she is at school from 8:30-2.  Thats pretty long considering she is just 4.  (4 and a half if you ask her)  I was a little worried she wouldn't do well and would start to get cranky but Mrs Jill said she did great.  We picked out her first day of school clothes and I asked her how she wanted her hair.  She told me she wanted it down with a little braid.  AHHH, why did I even ask?!  I can't do her hair down unless I give her a bath in the morning.  (She is a sweaty sleeper and gets bed hair that is unrepairable)  This meant that I would have to get Kadence up, ready and out the door.  Then get myself ready for school AND give Shelby a bath and get her ready.  Well, it was my fault for asking so that's what we did.  It was a little stressful, but she was so happy that it made it all worth it.  Here's the big girl all ready to go!
 

 I love this picture, you can just see how excited she is.  Love her!
I'm so blessed to have two beautiful girls! Shelby loved school and told me all about her day.  She got to play with her favorite high school helper today "The one with blonde hair" also known as Kenzie, they read a story about a duck being potty trained and they made foam visors with stickers.  Since she is in the morning and afternoon class, she does every craft twice.  She made herself a visor, but she also made one for Kadence.  She put a foam soccer ball on Kadence's becuase she knows Kadence is excited to start soccer.  How sweet is she?!  I'm happy that I still get one day of alone time with her each week because I'm going to miss that when she goes to elementary.  Overall she had one fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment