Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day Care

I know that most people have to send their children to daycare and it's not supposed to be a big deal, but it was really hard for me. I've been fortunate enough to have a mother in law who loves watching the girls for me so I can work, or go to school. Unfortunately the first week of class she wasn't able to watch the girls one of the days I needed her. So of course I asked my neighbor who does daycare....who is amazing with kids...who the girls absolutely adore if she would watch the girls for 2 hours. (Again, 2 hours shouldn't be a big deal!) It was really hard for me to know that they were going to daycare. I felt a little guilty for having to leave them, a little nervous because I was afraid they would cry, and a little sad because deep down I knew they wouldn't miss me at all. In the morning as I got Shelby ready I was trying to prepare her so it wasn't a surprise when I left her. I told her, "You're going to go to Brendas house and play, ok?" She said, "Ok." Then I told her, "Mommy is going to leave and go to school and then I will come back and get you ok?" She told me, "But mommy, I'll miss you!" When she said it I just about burst into tears. She said it with the sweetest, saddest little voice EVER! Of course when I dropped her off it she was completely fine and couldn't have cared less if I stayed or went.

The girls right before leaving for their first trip to daycare:

No comments:

Post a Comment