Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Confessional

I CONFESS...I am super jealous of all my crafty friends. They are so clever with their simple crafts and I can't even begin to try some of their more difficult crafts. I try to pretend I can do things and the more I try the better I actually get. Here's to hoping I'm not craft illiterate for the rest of my life! When you see my seemingly easy crafts, just know it was really hard and I'm usually very proud despite the imperfections because it means that I am trying hard at something that doesn't come naturally to me.


I CONFESS...I might have made a bad decision when I decided that we should make the cupcakes for Kadence's birthday party VS buying them. I thought it would mean more if mom made the cupcakes and it would be a nice little talent to have. After the first attempt at frosting cupcakes I am thinking that I'm not cut out to be a frosting expert. It wasn't terrible, but not quite as good as I would like. I bought a new frosting tip...the right one...and will try again tonight. I'm hoping it goes much better this time and if it doesn't and you happen to see my not so perfect cupcakes....don't judge me, I'm doing my best!


I CONFESS...Staying to a budget is REALLY hard. You don't realize all the little expenses until you go to an all cash budget. We went and got drinks from the gas station and it cost $4. We used to do this almost daily. Lesson learned! It is a treat now not a normal everyday event. (Although Bug Juice will continue to be my girls favorite bribe!)


I CONFESS...I am so very grateful for my step dad. He is the one who helped raise me since my dad has lived out of state since I was little. He and my mom were married when I was 6 years old and he has been with me through many things. He took us camping, hiking and biking. He has shared his love of photography. He has been an amazing handy man and always seemed to find a way to make things work. He has been there through deaths, illnesses, and many other trials. He has been there when I started my own family, and has inspired me to be a better parent. I often refer to him as my dad and love him VERY much! He is such an amazing man and I hope that David is as amazing to our girls throughout their happiness, trials, and adventures. I hope he encourages them to be the best they can and supports them with love when they fall short. Thank you Doug, we love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment