Monday, June 6, 2011

Fun Outside!

Here is an honest blog since I haven't done one in a while. My kids watch a lot of TV....A LOT! Our TV is always on from the time my kids wake up to the time they get ready for bed. In fact, 3 hours a day is mandatory. (2 hours for rest time, a half hour when they wake up and a half hour before bed.) The thing is that I don't even feel guilty for it. I see people who restrict their childrens TV watching and kudos to them. I'm sure it is a great thing for their family, but for mine....its TV and lots of it! Now don't get me wrong, my kids don't sit all day watching TV. They play with toys, use their imaginations, help me cook, read books, and go in their rooms to play. In between activities it seems like they stop for a few minutes and watch some TV, then head right into another activity. My kids have great imaginations, can share (although they don't always), and can entertain themselves well. Here is how David and I have decided to gauge if they are addicted: If they get upset when we change the channel or turn the TV off, and if they no longer want to go outside, but would rather stay in and watch TV. As for now we don't see too much wrong with them watching TV, I watched it tons when I was little and I seem to have turned out alright.


Now that the weather is better, the girls are loving the outside play time that they are getting. I can't wait for hikes, camping (although we bring a DVD player) and picnics. It's not that my girls can't stand being away from TV, they just enjoy a few down times watching throughout their day. Here are a few pictures from last night when we had the TV off for hours!


Doesn't Shelby look SO old here?


Kadence wasn't so much in the mood for pictures. She just wanted to play!


Of course, I had to make them kiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment