Friday, June 3, 2011

Vegas Day 1

When we woke up on the day we were supposed to leave, Kadence had a random cough. Of course! I get worried about when she has a cough so I threw our thermometer and pulse oximeter in our bags and away we went! We were very excited to start off with a short plane ride instead of a loooooong car ride. The girls do pretty good in the car, but David and I start whining around 2 1/2 hours. :) Although I was nervous and getting through security was interesting it seemed well worth it. (Explaining to a 4 yr old why she needs to take her shoes off and walk through a metal detector with her arms up is quite the trick!) Here we are watching them get our plane ready for flight.


Here's the girls and I before the plane left the ground....Notice I still seem happy.




Here's Jeff and David, ready to take off!

Ok, the plane made me extremely nauseous and I was sort of in a panic so once we reached our altitude we had David and Kadence switch seats. I don't know what it is, but just having David near me calms me down quite a bit. I was able to make it through the rest of the flight, and then the landing almost scared me to death. It was more than rough.


We got to the hotel and unloaded our rental car and then headed straight for the strip. I had purchased several restaurant.com gift certificates for different places to eat while we were in Vegas. I thought it would be fun to go out to eat for most of our meals, but why not save money while doing it? We headed off to Gameworks which is a big arcade that also has a place to eat. The girls were excited because they love going to restaurants. The food was pretty crappy, kind of like ChuckECheese. As we were about to leave I put my coat on grabbed the girls hands and we left for the arcade. Not even 3 minutes later I went to call my sister, Rachel, and realized I didn't have my phone. I left it on the table! No biggie, I'm sure it would still be there. NOPE! I'm pretty positive that our waitress took it. She didn't seemed to concerned and just said, "All that was on the table was crayons and napkins." I know it was on the table toward the edge, Jeff saw it there and thought he should grab it, and so did David. We tried to ask if they would check security tapes but they told us that LP and security weren't there. (On a Sunday evening) and they would leave a note and have them check in the morning. We left and I was very upset. It would cost $300 to replace my phone and we just don't have that amount of money right now. We decided to try and continue on with our great night anyways. We headed over to M&M World. I was so excited because the girls LOVE this store. We let them pick their M&M's, David and I picked ours, and then I got some green and pink ones for Kadence's birthday. We also got a few other little things. Then we went and watched the 3D movie upstairs. It kind of scared both girls a little, but they said they really liked it. It was about Red losing his M in Vegas and trying to get it back. I thought it was cute. We ended the night with a trip to Walmart to buy a few things we needed like snacks and drinks. By the end of the day we were all SO tired and ready for bed!



No comments:

Post a Comment